Macro Mirrors Micro – Group Exhibition
Art in Jewellery
DESIGNERS UNPLUGGED – CONTEMPO – ART GALLERY OF NSW, SYDNEY
BENN FROST | SEBASTIAN MOODY | ANDREW MATHERS | CHRISTOPHER CUSEO | POSH – THE PRINCE | BENNETT | CHRISTIAN LOMAS | NICK NAKIS | JASON DZARIR | RJ WILLIAMS | SUZANNE MCGILLIVRAY | BRIDGE STELLI | BILLIE WHITEHOUSE
CONCEPT BEHIND MACRO MICRO
- A collection of artists working together with a common idea.
- The idea of expressing their greater purpose of artistic impression in the medium of jewellery.
- Artists are interviewed and consulted during the development of each piece.
- The form of symbolic expression can be interpreted in a myriad of ways.
- Artists have offered a brief insight into the meaning behind their piece.
- The question is, what is the meaning in the medium?
- All jewellery is crafted by professional jewellers and their specialists.
- From computer aided design, to hand forged pieces.
- The artists have the mineral kingdom at their fingertips.
- Pieces range from diamonds to glass, from wood to gold.
- Each piece is valued by a certified jewellery evaluation certificate.
CREATING of CREATION – SUZANNE MCGILLIVRAY
Visual Artist Suzanne McGillivray takes her inspiration from the fiery inner worlds. She has spent her life penetrating into the realms of meaning, where form and formless collide.
Where concepts take their consummation; where patterns and templates reside; where purpose drives all action; where light emerges from darkness and new creations are born.
Creativeness is the basis of evolution, spiral motion moves us ever onwards.
This piece reflects Suzanne’s life and also her purpose in art. It is a nautilus, a spiral galaxy, a fiery whirlwind, a point from which things are born, developed upon a matrix, a building block of the Universe. Step by step the pattern emerges, in beauty rare built true to form.