What are the primary impediments to creativity?
1. Not enough time – we often think we are far too busy for creative endeavours, or that it’s time wasting or its day dreaming.
2. Wrong value of our creative faculty – placing greater value on our logical thinking mode and not really giving creativity a place.
- That’s not my job;
- Creativity is play and play is not work
- Being a “serious” person
3. Discomfort of ‘being spatial’ rather than ‘thinking logically’ –
- Trying to find the “right” answer
- Following rules
- Being overly practical and structured
Our logical left brain likes to be in control, here again we have to look at the choosing both rather than one way